Re: override defcustom

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: override defcustom
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 20:36:50 +0200

Bruce Ingalls <bingalls@fit-zones.DELETE-THE-SPAM-BLOCK.com> writes:

> The final problem, is that font-lock-maximum-decoration should be set
> in one place. If users cannot change font-lock-maximum-decoration, by
> running M-x customize, or its Menu equivalent, they will be confused.
> I'd rather not explain that M-x customize sometimes does not work.

As long as the order of things is correct, it should work.  I think
requiring users to ensure the right order is not a problem.

You could also check in your emacro code to see whether the value is
still the default value before you change it.  If the value is not
the default value, then maybe the user customization comes too early,
and you could print a warning.

kai