Newbie, Emacs won't quit

From: Greg K
Subject: Newbie, Emacs won't quit
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:21:08 GMT

Hi,

        I just downloaded Cygwin last week and I've been poking around on
the editors using a Linux programming book.  I invoked Emacs, and every
command on it seems to work with the exception of the "quit" command (C-x
C-c).  Even the Emacs help says to use this but it still does not work.  The
only way I seem to be able to quit from it is to access the menu bar by
pressing F10, then Enter, then pressing "e".  Has anyone ever seen this?  Is
this a bug specific to Emacs in Cygwin?

Thanks,

        Greg