Can not get key-help for M-g

From: Ronald Fischer
Subject: Can not get key-help for M-g
Date: 03 Sep 2002 13:17:55 +0200

This is strange: Normally, when I want to get help for a certain
key, I type C-h k and then the key I'm interested in. This does
not work, however, when I ask help for the key M-g. When I type
C-h k M-g, I get instead the following prompt in the minibuffer:

Set face: default italic bold .... (etc.)

What is the magic behind M-g? I know that C-g is special, but M-g
should just be a "normal" key?

I'm using Emacs 20.3.1

Ronald
--
To reduce spam in my inbox, the address given in the Reply-To: header is
not guaranteed to live longer than 1 month after the article was