Re: Problem with editing files (emacs for SUSE Linux)

From: Sven Utcke
Subject: Re: Problem with editing files (emacs for SUSE Linux)
Date: 03 Sep 2002 14:14:53 +0200

Michael Wolf <michael.wolf@econ.upf.es> writes:

> What happens is the following: when I edit a file (whether it is a text
> file, a Latex file, a C++ file, etc.) all of sudden unwanted changes
> appear in my file. Basically, a part of text that I had deleted
> somewhere else earlier on (and at times even text that I had deleted
> outside of emacs) will appear out of nowhere all over my file. Say, it
> might appear in 5 to 10 different locations!

Sounds as if you are inadvertendly pressing the middle mouse button
(or C-y).  One obious way how this could happen is that you recently
switched to a wheel-mouse and didn't realise that the weel doubles as
the middle mouse button...

> If you have any pointers, please reply to me directly, since I am not
> subscribed to the group. My e-mail address is: michael.wolf@econ.upf.es

Do you mean: please give me free help with my problem, but please
reply to me directly as I can not be bothered to wade through all the
uninteresting stuff you might write on other subjects?  You write
here, you read here...

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html