Re: Can not get key-help for M-g

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Can not get key-help for M-g
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:08:05 +0200

Ronald Fischer <rovf@feriasonline.pt.invalid> writes:

> This is strange: Normally, when I want to get help for a certain
> key, I type C-h k and then the key I'm interested in. This does
> not work, however, when I ask help for the key M-g. When I type
> C-h k M-g, I get instead the following prompt in the minibuffer:
>
> Set face: default italic bold .... (etc.)
>
> What is the magic behind M-g?

If you do C-h k C-x you also get a prompt, it only looks different.
In the same way that C-h k C-x C-c (say) gives you info, C-h k M-g d
(say) will give you info.

The magic behind M-g is only the prompt.  It is called minimenu or
keymenu or menuprompt or something like this -- I forgot the name of
the feature.

kai