Re: Annoying ^M in text files

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Annoying ^M in text files
Date: 06 Sep 2002 16:56:05 +0900

Dmitri.Minaev@Samara.BritishCouncil.RU writes:
> Those files use ms-dog-style CR-LF line breaks. ... or open those
> files with a *-dos coding system (if your emacs is compiled with MULE
> support).

GNU Emacs is always compiled with Mule support, and it's supposed to
auto-detect MSDOS-style line-endings.

Either the files are screwed up in some way (a common reason is
_mixed_ MSDOS- and unix-style line-endings), or he found a bug.

The best thing to do is to post a file that exhibits this problem (being
careful to preserve the line-endings in the post, e.g use a mime-attachment.

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research