Re: Diary functions

From: lawrence mitchell
Subject: Re: Diary functions
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:17:55 +0100

Keith O'Connell wrote:

> I have just taken to using the calendar/diary combination in emacs and
> am pleasently surprised that it is all I need and that the various
> solutions I have used up till now have been overkill!   :-)

> However, I have hit a small snag. The local lug meets on the first
> Tursday of the month. How does one set a repeating entry for these
> regular, yet irregular types of events?

You probably want to read the section in the Emacs Lisp manual
entitled "Sexp Entries and the Fancy Diary Display", which points
in the direction of the function `diary-float'.  An online
version of this manual is available at: <URL: http://www.gnu.org/
manual/elisp-manual-21-2.8/html_chapter/elisp_39.html#SEC675>.

--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>