Journal package for Emacs?

From: mike hardy
Subject: Journal package for Emacs?
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 14:20:12 GMT

I've been searching DN/Google/elisp list for some kind of journalling
package for Emacs and surprisingly I can't find anything except some old
Perl script called "plod" (and I don't think diary is what I want).  What
I'd like to do is something like 'M-x journal' that opens my/a journal
file, inserts a date/timestamp and I can start editing under the
date/timestamp.  Anyone know of something like this for Emacs?  Or how
about just a function I could use that would insert the date/time (and
I'll just use bookmarks for the journal file)?  I'm most interested in
just being able to insert the date into a buffer.  I tried looking for
some existing function in Emacs to allow me to do that but I don't find
anything.

Thanks...

Mike
--

mhardy_mail@NO_SPAM@yahoo.com

  Help Wanted: Psychic.  You know where to apply.