Re: Journal package for Emacs?

From: mike hardy
Subject: Re: Journal package for Emacs?
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 22:04:41 GMT

Nostradamus foretold that on Sat Sep 07 2002, Kai Großjohann would write:

> mike hardy <no_sp@m.for_me.org> writes:
>
> > What I'd like to do is something like 'M-x journal' that opens my/a
> > journal file, inserts a date/timestamp and I can start editing under
> > the date/timestamp.
>
> I'm sure there are a lot of them.  You could do M-x
> add-change-log-entry RET, for instance.
>
> There is steno or steno-mode or similar.  I even used it for a while.
>
> There is records mode.
>
> Then maybe Hyperbole does something like this?

Thanks all for the info.  I at least have something I can use now.

I found steno/hyperbole (Google).  Indiana U is down right now and I
usually use that, Ohio St. or Wiki - but is there a "best" central
(complete and up to date) elisp repository that you others use?  I didn't
find steno or hyperbole at any of the three sites I usually use...

Mike

mhardy_mail@NO_SPAM@yahoo.com

  Help Wanted: Psychic.  You know where to apply.