microsoft and emacs control and escape (noch ein Versuch...)

From: Di Boru
Subject: microsoft and emacs control and escape (noch ein Versuch...)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 23:14:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - I send this message already twice ...some time
ago and wondert
that there was no response at all.... than finally,
after looking in the
archive, I saw that both are unreadable....

In short I wanted to know, if it is possible to
customize
Microsoft XP in a way, that it understands Emacs
control and
escape sequences like

C-a beginning-of-line
C-b backward-char
C-e end-of-line
C-f forward-char

and so on.....

Here my original message:

Hi all you happy unix users,

after using unix and emacs for about 15 years I
finally find myself
sitting in front of a Windows-XP system beeing most
fascinated by all the
interesting effects my unconscious use of emacs
control and escape
sequences is creating [:(] !!!

Is there any help (I am currently thinking about
switching to the handwriting
input method in order to fasten up at least a bit,

I am already using Meadow (Mule / Multi Language
Enhanced Emacs
for Windows) and cygwin (a bash shell for windows) but
there are still
all those other programs....

Thanks a lot (never giving up hope) - Dietrich