Re: *.el files

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: *.el files
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:26:04 +0200

Raimund.Kohl@freenet.de writes:

> I've downloaded wiki.el and planner.el -- now: where do I move the files
> to so that emacs can find them. If I just leave them in my /home/user
> directory and put (load emacs-wiki) and (load planner) in my .emacs file
> they cause lisp error messages. What am I going to do - respectivly: what
> did I do wrong?

Type C-h v load-path RET.  You'll see a list of possible
directories.  If you don't like any of them, you can put something
like the following in ~/.emacs:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/lisp/")

Also, I suggest (require 'emacs-wiki) and (require 'planner) instead
of the load statements.  Note the single quotes -- only one in each
statement.

kai