Re: Two questions

From: Frank Winkler @home
Subject: Re: Two questions
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:18:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:42:06 +0200, Peter Weiss, wrote:

 >> my attempts to customize them. But I didn't find the code which
 >> recognizes the commands and sets the colors; is this hard-coded?
 >
 >Nope, like allways in Emacs: You can modify nearly everything to fit your
 >needs. Check the info docs for "font-lock".  Font-lock-mode is activated
 >for example globally with
 >
 >    (global-font-lock-mode 1)

Ok, "font-lock-mode" seems to be a good trace. If I enable this mode, my
Perl program gets fontified. But I still don't understand why and how. The
word "perl" doesn't appear in font-lock.el.
So where exactly is the keyword-color mapping defined? Why is this not
coupled to perl-mode.el?

After some more fiddling: hilit19.el seems to be the interesting point.

TIA

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.180
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.199