Re: hyper-apropos

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: hyper-apropos
Date: 11 Sep 2002 22:02:22 -0400

On 12 Sep 2002, Miles Bader wrote:

> What do you mean by `hyper-apropos'?

The xemacs apropos

> I know it's a command in xemacs, but what features does it have that
> you want and aren't provided by the normal `apropos' command?

The interface.  Not sure if I like it better or not, but I'd like to
try it and see.  Example follows:

Apropos search for: "log"

* = command (M-x) or user-variable.
a = autoloaded, b = byte-compiled, i = internal, l = lambda, m = macro.

Functions and Macros:

b  dialog-box-cancel              - Cancel a modal dialog box.
b  dialog-box-finish              - Exit a modal dialog box, returning RESULT.
b  get-dialog-box-response        - Pop up a dialog box and return user's
selection.
b  internal-make-dialog-box-exit
i  log                            - Return the natural logarithm of NUMBER.
b  log-message                    - Stuff a copy of the message into the "
*Message-Log*" buffer,
b  log-message-filter             - Default value of
`log-message-filter-function'.
b  log-message-filter-errors-only - For use as the
`log-message-filter-function'.  Only logs error messages.
i  log10                          - Return the logarithm base 10 of NUMBER.

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte