Network performance of emacs

From: Bozo D Cloun
Subject: Network performance of emacs
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:42:08 GMT

Somewhere between version 20.4.1 and 21.2.1 the X display for emacs
became much more complicated and thus the performance of emacs over
a broadband connection became prohibitively slow.  I have looked for
options that might simplify the display to improve its performance,
but I have not found any.  Is someone well versed in this issue to
tell me what my options are?