Re: Cool Trick Part 3: Doing It On MS Windows : Switching Ctrl & Caps

From: Peter Karp
Subject: Re: Cool Trick Part 3: Doing It On MS Windows : Switching Ctrl & Caps Lock Key Mappings
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:54:01 +0200

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:14:08 -0500, Thore B. Karlsen <sid@6581.com>
wrote:

> >You might also like to take a look at:
> >
> >     www.karpfenteich.net/pit/
> >

> >The only downside is that the page is in german. If I get more
> >feedback I'll think about translating it to english too.
>
> I'm also not a native English speaker, so don't take this the wrong way,
> but is there really any point these days to put stuff on the web in your
> native language that might be useful for thousands of people all over
> the world?

Yes, there are some people which prefer their native language and/or
can't speak english good enough.

One of the reasons for me to write the page in german, was that the
beginning of the page was a special "german problem": the
"programmer's chars" like {}[]\ are hard to reach on a german
keyboard, because the umlaut keys take the places where on an english
keyboard you'll find those {}[]\ chars. So english speakers don't have
this problem. In the meantime I have also added other useful tips
which might be interesting for non-english users too and I'll take
your advice and will translate the page (or at least a short version)
to english. I'm just looking for a cool way to call Vim (or other
editors) fast from any application. When I'll have found the solution
I'll update the page and will also make a translation. I'll post an
announcement here.

Greetings from Cologne
Peter