Re: command.com versus cmd.exe

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: command.com versus cmd.exe
Date: 13 Sep 2002 10:49:32 +0200

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Kai Großjohann wrote:

>  Zhongtao Zhu <zhongtao@tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:
>
> > By building Emacs from the nt/ directory in MS Windows, every thing
> > works successfully well. I now check the variable `shell-file-name' in
> > my machine it is set with "D:/emacs/bin/cmdproxy.exe".
>
>  Cool, then I can just use that!  Hm.

If you do not need the distinction between cmd.exe and command.com for special
purposes (do not know) nut only a mechanism to execute stuff with the
windows-system then you should definitely use cmdproxy.exe.  I agree
completely with Zhongtao!

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de