Re: Adding to ps-print-hook problems

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: Re: Adding to ps-print-hook problems
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:29:04 GMT

I changed it as follows:

    (defun jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook (&optional number-of-pages)

adding the ampersand.  Now, if I call ps-print-buffer-with-faces()
non-interactively, it works as before, which is good.  If I call
ps-print-buffer-with-faces() interactively, (with C-2, for example, I'm
assumed that the 2 will be passed interactively to my hook function), the
interactive call, is only for the immediate function which gets called,
i.e., ps-print-buffer-with-faces(), which I guess makes good sense.  I then
get prompted for a post-script filename to the buffer to be spooled to.

So, I guess the next question is:  How do I bypass the interactive property
of ps-print-buffer-with-faces(), and have my hook function be interactive?

"Kevin Rodgers" <kevinr@ihs.com> wrote in message
3D8608CE.9000802@ihs.com">news:3D8608CE.9000802@ihs.com...
> Jeff Rancier wrote:
>
> > Hi all.  I wanted to create a simple function to prompt me for the n-up
> > number of pages to print when I run the function,
> > ps-print-buffer-with-faces.  Here's what I came up with:
> >
> > (defun jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook (number-of-pages)
> >   (interactive "nN-up number of pages: ")
> >   (setq ps-n-up-printing number-of-pages))
> >
> > (add-hook 'ps-print-hook 'jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook)
> >
> > I thought that was pretty straight forward.  When I select that from the
> > menu-bar, I get the following in my *Messages* buffer:
> >
> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (lambda
> > (number-of-pages) (interactive "nN-up number of pages: ") (setq
> > ps-n-up-printing number-of-pages)) 0)
> >   jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook()
> >   run-hooks(ps-print-hook)
> >   ps-spool-with-faces(1 2947 nil)
> >   ps-print-with-faces(1 2947 nil)
> >   ps-print-buffer-with-faces(nil)
> > * call-interactively(ps-print-buffer-with-faces)
> >
> > Is that the wrong-number-of-arguments to run-hooks?  And if so, is that
> > bug in ps-print?  Or am I incorrectly writing my hook,
> > jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook?  I am simply calling
ps-print-buffer-with-faces()