Re: Calendar's buffer hooks (was trailing whitespace visible on some buf

From: Simon Hooper
Subject: Re: Calendar's buffer hooks (was trailing whitespace visible on some buffers)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:49:06 +0000 (UTC)

In article <mailman.1032257775.4079.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>, Luis O. Silva
wrote:
> .....I've almost solved the problem, I just need to know the name of
> the hooks that take place after the *calendar* buffer is created.
>
> I've tried the following variants: (after making visible
> whitespaces globally)
>
> 1. (add-hook 'today-visible-calendar-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (setq show-trailing-whitespace nil)))
>
>==> the whitespaces disappear only when I scroll the calendar
>    or hit "d" or "h".
>
> 2. (add-hook 'calendar-load-hook
>           (lambda ()
>             (setq show-trailing-whitespace nil)))
>
>==> whitespaces don't disappear.

I've been trying to do the same thing for a while. Unfortunately my
knowledge of lisp is nonexistent :( I use the diary and calendar and
have been using the following in my ~/.emacs

(defun simon-calendar-function ()
  (turn-off-auto-fill)
  (turn-off-filladapt-mode)
  (flyspell-mode nil)
  (setq show-trailing-whitespace nil)
)
(add-hook 'calendar-mode-hook 'simon-calendar-function)
(add-hook 'diary-hook 'simon-calendar-function)

This works fine for the diary, but I still have the white space
markers in my calendar. I have also tried using the calendar-load-hook.

Any ideas?

Simon.

--
Simon Hooper