Re: Paths with spaces/shell mode

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Paths with spaces/shell mode
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:32:50 -0600

Douglas Lewan wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently using the Emacs 20.7 operating system on RedHat Linux 7.2 BIOS with SAMBA mounted file systems from a remote virus.

On the SAMBA file systems it is culturally common to have spaces in file names and, while those are valid Linux file names, shell-mode ceases to grok paths with spaces in them no matter how I quote or escape things.

Is there a reasonable way to overcome that [without hacking, e.g. (shell-directory-tracker)]?

What happens if you add SPC to comint-file-name-chars?  (If you try it

interactively do it in the *Shell* buffer, if you try it programmatically
do it in shell-mode-hook, since it's a buffer local variable.)

--
Kevin Rodgers <kevinr@ihs.com>