MULE shows gibberish; now what?

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: MULE shows gibberish; now what?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 05:30:31 +0000 (UTC)

Given the amount of bad press MULE gets (AFAIU, correctly), I never
tried to actully use it.  Well, now I did.  And it does not work
(21.2.2 -no-init-file).

Is there a way for a mortal to understand/fix MULE bugs?

SPECIFICS of the problem1: when asked to show cyrillic, it shows
cyrillic indeed.  However, the shown glyphs have no relationship to
the actual Cyrillic text (e.g., in the Hello, World example).  Do not
have a slightest idea how to report it in more details...

Ilya