Re: setting the font in .emacs

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: setting the font in .emacs
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:58:28 +0200

> Keith O'Connell <kroc@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>
>> I know I said perfect, but that was a little premature. When the emacs
>> window is opened it comes up with the face font specified in the
>> command above, however if you spawn another window with C-x 5 2, it
>> comes up with the original font.
>
> (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(font . "your-font-name-here"))
>
> I think this works without conditionals.

My bad, I don't use `set-face-font' myself, I should have checked
that it works correctly.

But I am puzzled. Both `set-face-font' and `set-face-foreground' work
by calling `set-face-attribute'. But the former, when applied to the
default face, changes the attribute in question _not_ for future
frames, while the latter does. Why the difference?

    -- Oliver

--
3 Vendémiaire an 211 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!