ChangeLog and Version Control

From: Richard V. Molen
Subject: ChangeLog and Version Control
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:59:40 GMT

When using version control C-x C-q to check in (commit) a file into a
CVS repository, a buffer is presented in which to enter comments about
that change.  C-c C-c then does the actual checkin and then presents
the ChangeLog with an entry automatically filled in.  So far so good.

However, a C-x C-q on the ChangeLog pops up a the log buffer and C-c C-c
presents the re-revised ChangeLog again...

So, how do I keep the ChangeLog under CVS control and avoid this cyclic
behavior?

Perhaps there's a better method.  I wonder how others maintain version
histories.

--
Richard V. Molen

Warning!!
Signature under construction, safety glasses required.