Re: To Byte Compile or not Byte Compile...that is the question

From: GI
Subject: Re: To Byte Compile or not Byte Compile...that is the question
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:40:28 -0500

Well, if you're really concerned about performance, I'd suggest you "preload"
these files (in which case it doesn't matter if you bytecompile or not).

Use temacs to dump out an executable which already has these files preloaded.
It saves a lot of time. It's outalined in the "Building emacs" section of the
Elisp manual (21.1 +)

GI

PS: Thanks to all who promptly responded to my query about compiling a light
emacs. The prompt and helpful emails was much appriciated.