Re: How to cut and paste in emacs editor without special character inter

From: D . Goel
Subject: Re: How to cut and paste in emacs editor without special character interpretation, ie raw mode
Date: 27 Sep 2002 11:58:31 -0400

> I can copy and paste in notepad without problem.
> I can copy and paste in vi or vim without problem.
> I can copy and paste in emacs with problem. It interprets some characters.
> Is there a way to paste in a raw mode where it does not interpret any
> character?
>
> The problems are incomplete paste, deletion, cursor jumps.

These problems had always happened for me on windows, where windows,
for instance, has a real-smart "smartquote" feature which converted
the ' character and others into special control characters...  Perhaps
it has more "smart" features causing more problems (?)

They all go away when one switches to gnulinux :)

DG                                 http://24.197.159.102/~deego/