Using CVS with ange-ftp

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: Using CVS with ange-ftp
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:17:58 GMT

Hi there.

I telneted to a SCO box we have, and checked out a project.  I can run all
the normal cvs commands on that box (via telnet) just fine.  cvs add,
status, etc.  I am running NTEmacs 21.2.1 on Windows XP.  I edit all the
files from Windows via ange-ftp.  My problem is trying to run the PCL-CVS
commands.  For example,  running directory status results in:

Repository : :pserver:jrancier@cvs:/usr/local/cvsroot
Module     :
Working dir: /rcssco1:/u/jrancier/proj/clients/safeway/dinvrpt/

Message: cvs.exe [status aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs.exe
checkout' first
Message: cvs.exe status: in directory .:

--------------------- Empty ---------------------
-- last cmd: cvs -f status --

But, I can telnet to the box and run the same command in the same directory
without a problem.  Should I not expect this to work (cvs) via ange-ftp?

--

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeffery B. Rancier