Re: Is there a CALENDER reminder in emacs or a gnu tool or in unix

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Is there a CALENDER reminder in emacs or a gnu tool or in unix
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:23:38 +0200

> gnuist006@hotmail.com (gnuist006) writes:
>
>> Suppose I want to be reminded in emacs or on shell window on a certain day
>> two day before and then 1hr before it?
>
> Emacs has a Calendar and a Diary feature, details see the Emacs info
> file.
>
> It can remind you some minutes before the appointment, so that can be
> changed to 1h I'm sure.  But I don't know about two days earlier,
> that might require some hacking.

FWIW, reading the commentary section of planner.el by John Wigley, I
think that this package provides some means to do this. AFAICU you
need a external tool called "remind" and it works together with
calendar and diary.

But I have not installed and tried it myself. (I always wanted to do
it, though ... I think, I need a program that reminds me of such tasks
...)

    -- Oliver

--
8 Vendémiaire an 211 de la Révolution