RE: How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows

From: Ben Key
Subject: RE: How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:52:30 -0400

As I said in my earlier reply, I had already tried adding

        (setq inverse-video t)

and

        (setq default-frame-alist
              (cons (cons 'reverse t) default-frame-alist))

to my .emacs and neither one works.

However, your mention of the
  emacs.reverseVideo:true
line in .Xdefaults in conjunction with a suggestion given
in a message by Juanma Barranquero [lektu@terra.es]

 "
 You can always manually set the foreground color to
 white (or light grey) and the background to black in
 the registry.

 In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gnu\Emacs I have values:

 Emacs.Background = "black"
 Emacs.Foreground = "light grey"
 "

lead me to the solution to my problem.

I added a REG_SZ value "emacs.reverseVideo" to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs and set it
equal to "true".

This worked perfectly.

I would like to thank you both.