RE: alternatives to dired

From: ken
Subject: RE: alternatives to dired
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:03:38 -0400 (EDT)

When in emacs I do "C-h f dired", emacs says:

dired is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `dired'.

"Edit" directory DIRNAME--delete, rename, print, etc. some files in it.
Optional second argument SWITCHES specifies the `ls' options used.
(Interactively, use a prefix argument to be able to specify SWITCHES.)
[....]

Sounds like it might be helpful.

ken

--
AMD crashes?  See http://cleveland.lug.net/~ken/amd-problem/.

Spake Victor Kirk at 10:08 (UTC+0100) on Fri, 4 Oct 2002:

= > Is there a similar package to dired that allows one to not display
= > permissions, owner and group in the directory listing?  Or is this
= > possible in dired?  It seems like the dired switches must have 'l' to
= > display the full long format.
=
= To surpress the group you can add a 'G' to the end of
= dired-listing-switches.
=
= I would be nice if we could specify the program to use other than ls,
= then you could filter the output from ls.
=
= Vic
= --
= This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
= person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
= privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
= authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
= as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
= necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.
=
=
= Help-gnu-emacs mailing list
= Help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org