Re: displaying the Eurosign at all

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: displaying the Eurosign at all
Date: 07 Oct 2002 18:45:29 -0400

> I am following this discussion about the Euro-Sign ... and wonder, how to
> produce an Euro sign within a buffer if I have NO Euro key an my keyboard.
> I am using a US keyboard and running emacs 21.1.1. on SuSE 8.0

Use one of the input methods that allows a euro sign.
C-u C-\ latin-9-prefix RET selects one of them and `~ e' inserts
then a € char in your buffer.  Or set LANG=de_DE@euro and then
use the Multi_key (which you may have to bind to some key with
xmodmap) and then use Multi_key e = (this should work in all Xwindows
applications, more or less).

        Stefan