Re: ** Graded examples of lambda functions in emacs lisp, how to create

From: gnuist006
Subject: Re: ** Graded examples of lambda functions in emacs lisp, how to create hook variable? **
Date: 8 Oct 2002 07:28:28 -0700

Kevin Rodgers <kevinr@ihs.com> wrote in message
news:<3DA1C8EC.6070801@ihs.com>...
> gnuist wrote:
>
> > One last question at this stage: I know how you "add-hook" but how do you
> > create a hook variable in the first place? Is it something particular to
> > emacs?
>

> (defvar some-hook nil)
>

> (defun some-function (...)
>    (run-hooks 'some-hook)
>    ...)

defvar creates a hook variable.
run-hooks associates some-hook with the some-function.

Now one writes lambda functions associated with the some-hook
without modifying the some-function????

Is that the idea? The post was incomplete. Perhaps the author
know too much for us. But I want a simple concrete minimal example
of running code.