Re: Meta-Backspace in AucTeX

From: Marco.MAGGESI
Subject: Re: Meta-Backspace in AucTeX
Date: 12 Oct 2002 12:22:17 -0200

Dan Griswold <dangriswold@earthlink.net> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I have recently switched from XEmacs to FSF Emacs. Prior to this, in
> all Emacs modes, indeed in all X-Term windows and other apps, I would
> type Meta (or Alt) Backspace to kill the previous word. Since I
> switched emacsen, M-BS is now mapped to undo. Placing commands such as
> global-set-key or local-set-key in .emacs or .latex (called by the
> former) gets overruled by something, but I'm not sure what.
>
> Arrgh!
>
> Any ideas?

This may happen if you use pc-selection-mode.

Solution 1: If you have

    (pc-selection-mode)

in your ~/.emacs, then replace it with

    (require 'pc-select)
    (setq pc-select-selection-keys-only t)
    (pc-selection-mode)

Solution 2: use

   M-x customize-variable RET pc-select-selection-keys-only

and set the variable "On".

Solution 3: add to the bottom of ~/.emacs

    (global-set-key "\M-\d" 'backward-kill-word)

--marco