Re: using arrow keys in emacs

From: alan yeung
Subject: Re: using arrow keys in emacs
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 02:44:21 -0400

when i use the public computers at school, i can use the arrow keys in emacs
but they don't work when i use my own laptop, on which i use teraterm...

the arrow keys DO work on the windows telnet program, but for some reason
emacs doesn't refresh the screen properly (such that the top line fills up
the entire screen when i scroll up), and that's why i am using teraterm.

i don't know if the above info helps, but thanks.

1melauswom.fsf@Tempo.Update.UU.SE">news:1melauswom.fsf@Tempo.Update.UU.SE...
<monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> writes:

> >> i'm new to emacs and not used to its cursor movement commands. is there
any
> >> way to configure emacs so i can use the more intuitive arrow keys?
thanks a