Re: autocompletion.

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: autocompletion.
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:08:01 +0800

quasi <quasiabhi@yahoo.com> writes:

>>That would be hippie-expand, and I don't think it's bound by default.
>>M-/ is bound to dabbrev-expand, though.
> !!!  And I type ~1000 lines of code without expand!  BTW that is the
> difference between debbrev-expand and hippie-expand, if any?

hippie-expand checks against a list of functions in order to find
possible expansions. dabbrev-expand completes against words already
typed, and can be included in hippie-expand-try-functions-list - to be
precise, `try-expand-dabbrev' is there.

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci