w3 on NT

From: Mark
Subject: w3 on NT
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:51:00 +0100

I've installed  w3 (4.0pre.47) on NT 4 service pack 5 with Emacs 21.1.1.

It doesn't want to play with me.  When I run w3 I see lots of stuff
happening in the ehco area, then it hangs on the message "connecting to
www.cs.indiana.edu:80".  Eventually a blank w3 page will be displayed, once
I saw an error.

Any further http or local file requests (with the file:// prefix) will be
met with a long timeout, then an error page.

Can anyone pemit me in the direction of a fix ( or an alternative html
browser for emacs) ?

Mark