Re: No Colors in Emacs no window mode using xterm.

From: Sriram Karra
Subject: Re: No Colors in Emacs no window mode using xterm.
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:36:39 +0530

will6868@hotmail.com (Willard) writes:

> I am running Emacs 21.2.1 in no window mode on a Sun Solaris 5.8
> system.  Xterm windows are capable of displaying color on this
> system because other applications do display colors in xterm
> windows.  However, Emacs does not display colors when I run in now
> window mode using an Xterm window.  What can I do to get color to
> work in this setup?

You should do the following:

(a) create a directory ~/.terminfo/x on the remote solaris box.
(b) copy the /usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm file from local linux box to
    ~/.terminfo/x/xterm on the remote box.
(c) Do a export TERMINFO=~/.terminfo on remote.
(d) Start Emacs21

This approach works for me.

--
Well, all's well that ends.