Re: S-up and emacs -nw?

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Re: S-up and emacs -nw?
Date: 20 Oct 2002 20:24:35 -0400

On 20 Oct 2002, Fredrik Staxeng wrote:

> Crazy conditional keybindings is probably an equivalent amount of
> work, unless you need to do mode-specific bindings.

I do, and if I add a 3rd terminal type, things might get even more
complex.  If I do it this way, it's all localized....

> But the see the files in the subdirectory term of your lisp
> directory. It seems that you can do things like
>
> (define-key function-key-map "\e[161q" [S-up])

Wow, I obviously didn't know you could bind to another key.  This
conversation would have been much shorter had I known that :)

> There seems to be a sizeable number of people still running in tty
> mode. I guess about 1% of those run on actual terminals, the rest
> are runnning various terminal emulators.

Once I get a decent pair of keymaps done (kernel and emacs), I'll post
them (to g.e.sources?).  Maybe my pain can help someone else.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out, and Fredrik most of all!

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte