Re: Replacing \227 and other codes

From: ken
Subject: Re: Replacing \227 and other codes
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:52:46 -0400 (EDT)

There ought to be a shell script to do all of this, but until there is,
here's what I do in emacs:

M-x replace-string C-q 227 RETURN - RETURN

This should qualify as a FAQ... or?

hth,
ken

--
AMD crashes?  See http://cleveland.lug.net/~ken/amd-problem/.

Spake Chris L at 09:04 (UTC-0800) on Mon, 21 Oct 2002:

= I have an imported HTML document that has some strange codes for em
= dashes and the like. The em dash, for example, displays as a \227 --
= how can I search and replace these codes?
=
= I tried to copy the code and then do C-s C-y to paste it, but it
= doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to do isearch-forward-selection
= or similar?
=
=