multiple views of the compile buffer

From: Peter Ashford
Subject: multiple views of the compile buffer
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:40:08 +1300

Hi All

I normally code using two frames and often with a couple of buffers showing
in each frame.  When I compile code in one frame, it opens the compilation
output buffer in that frame.  If I compile in the other frame, it will open
a new view to the compilation output buffer in that frame also (and both
compilation buffer views will happily show all my errors scrolling by).

Is there anyway I can stop emacs opening a second view of the compilation
output buffer if the buffer is currently displayed in the other open frame?
(failing that, perhaps maybe there is a way to open the compilation buffer
in a new frame?)

Thanks in advance,

Peter.