Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X

From: Michael Hudson
Subject: Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:04:57 GMT

Hugues Joly <joly@colba.net> writes:

> Hi,
>     I'd like to know if the mac/README and mac/INSTALL instructions of
> the emacs-21.2.tar.gz archive enables to install a version of emacs that
> is a full blown X11 application on mac OS X?
>
> The version already installed on my machine (OS 10.2) only works in
> terminal mode.

It's not hard to build Emacs with Carbon support.

The instructions here:

    http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/

worked fine for me (well, that's a slight lie but all the difficulties
were totally my fault).

Not quite what you asked, but maybe a better answer.

Cheers,
M.

--
  This is an off-the-top-of-the-head-and-not-quite-sober suggestion,
  so is probably technically laughable.  I'll see how embarassed I