Re: iswitchb help

From: Clemens Fischer
Subject: Re: iswitchb help
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:09:21 +0100

Luis Fernandes <elf@ee.ryerson.ca>:

>     umesh_nazir> (add-hook 'iswitchb-define-mode-map-hook '(lambda ()
>     umesh_nazir> (define-key iswitchb-mode-map [tab]
>     umesh_nazir> 'iswitchb-next-match)))
>
> I'm sorry but this does not work for me (Emacs 21). After I hit TAB
> the *Completions Buffer* appears and subsequest TAB hits do nothing.

you're right.  same here.  as a "work around" you can always use the
iswitchb-mode keys C-s to switch forward through the list of matching
buffers or C-r for the backward direction.

to get more serious, you'd have to examine the source code for this
mode.  i'd first look at the buffer-mode local key map and the entries
therein.  the code-snippet itself looks plausible, something like this
should be possible to work out.

clemens