Re: cperl-mode "fatigue"

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: cperl-mode "fatigue"
Date: 29 Oct 2002 09:51:31 +0100

    Da> I've noticed that sometimes, especially after I have been editing a
    Da> buffer for a long time, or if I try to use "qw( ... )", cperl-mode
    Da> begins to show signs of "fatigue" (for lack of a better word).  For
    Da> example, syntax-based highlighting stops, and everything I type
    Da> appears in the default foreground text color; or else everything
    Da> appears in the color reserved for quoted strings.

I had this problem every once in a while with all emacs 20 versions, but
haven't observed it anymore since I switched to emacs 21. I always thought
that this is a font-lock problem. From emacs 21.1 on I've used jit-lock
(instead of fast-lock) as font-lock support mode.

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
Bill Gates, Chairman and CEO of Microsoft Corporation, announced that
the latest version of their Windows operating system, Windows 2000,
would be delayed until the second quarter of 1901. No reason was given.