key bindings

From: Jeff Rancier
Subject: key bindings
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:20:53 GMT

Hello All.

I have the function redo bound to C-M-/, in my .emacs as follows:

(global-set-key [M-C-/] 'redo)

The default binding for that sequence is dabbrev-completion, which I don't
use, so I thought I'd override it.  But, when I execute the key sequence,
emacs runs dabbrev-completion.  When I C-h k it reports dabbrev-completion,
which makes sense, but when I manually run redo, emacs reports:

You can run the command 'redo' with <M-C-/>

Something appears confused (other than me!).  Can someone tell me the
correct way to perform this, and have the binding persist?

BTW, I'm running:

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600) of 2002-03-19 on buffy

--

Thanks,
Jeff