Re: enhanced diary mode?

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: enhanced diary mode?
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 16:53:00 GMT

adamp_at@at_ipipan.waw.pl (Adam P.) writes:

> A! This is useful -- thanks.  More useful would be defining just a few
> entry types, with a face for each type, and without the need to
> manually assign face to each entry, but I suppose this can be done
> with some elisp tweaking.

I can see both sides of that.  I have things like

(defface ats-birthday-face
  '((t :inherit diary-face))
  "Anniversary face"
  :group 'ats)

(defun diary-birthday (month day year)
  "Birthday diary entry.
Acts like `diary-anniversary' but uses `ats-birthday-face'."
  (diary-anniversary month day year 'ats-birthday-face))

set up, but I also use the normal sexps with different faces.  (Block
especially, for vacations, on-call, etc.)

Any ideas what some common faces/entry types should be?

TENNIS PLAYERS cannot play with balls all day long {n}