Re: Can't Print with Emacs 21.2 on WindowsXP

From: Julien Avarre
Subject: Re: Can't Print with Emacs 21.2 on WindowsXP
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 09:20:36 +0100

"Doug M" <dougbmorris@yahoo.com> has said on 11/04/02 :

> From: "Doug M" <dougbmorris@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Can't Print with Emacs 21.2 on WindowsXP
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:05:37 -0500
>
> Hi,
>
> Can't print with emacs on WindowsXP.  Other apps do.
> Can't find .emacs file, but found .emacs.d directory.  Hmm?
> Made sure ps-printer-name and printer-name were set to one of "LPT1", "USB",
> and "USB001" with the printer connected as indicated.  Did this with M-x
> set-variable.  Looked with C-h v <var name> and noted descriptions.  Also
> made sure lpr-command and ps-lpr-command were the empty string, i.e. "" .
>
> Looked in emacs manual (C-h i mEmacs) for instructions.  Hence above
> approach.
>
> Looked online via google.  Found indication that variable pairs
> printer-name/ps-printer-name and lpr-command/ps-lpr-command need to be the
> same thing.  Tried that.

When I use Emacs on Ms Windows®, I'm printing with printfile.
You'll need to use customize you Emacs.

M-x customize-group lpr

I forgot the exact values to put in. But I guess you should put the path for
printfile instead of _lpr-command_.

                   http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

Good luck and tell me your results.

--