Re: on winNT, zip-archive mode fails with jar files - please help

From: jerry d
Subject: Re: on winNT, zip-archive mode fails with jar files - please help
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:44:15 +0100

I had the same thing,
it worked fine on 20.7 but apparently default behaviour has changed in 21.2.
What i did to get it to work correctly was download the gnu-utils zip, unzip
etc. and used that for unzip.
with
M-x customize-group RET archive-zip
you can customize the invoked programs for zipping and unzipping files.

below the settings I use:
(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(archive-zip-expunge (quote ("zip" "-d" "-q")))
 '(archive-zip-extract (quote ("unzip" "-qq" "-c")))
 '(archive-zip-update (quote ("zip" "-q")))
 '(archive-zip-update-case (quote ("zip" "-q" "-k")))
 '(archive-zip-use-pkzip nil))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 )

regards,
jeroen.

ece6c769.0211031212.3dcaedb9@posting.google.com">news:ece6c769.0211031212.3dcaedb9@posting.google.com...