Re: gnus fetches only headers

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: gnus fetches only headers
Date: 05 Nov 2002 14:34:35 +0900

Mr. Molen has already responded to your query, so lety me - as a
relative newbie - ask the rather basic question of what a category
file is!

I am using 'Topics' in gnus 5.7 under Emacs 20.7.2 to categorize
groups, which looks like what your (quoted below) category file is
doing. However, I do not see a 'category file' anywhere in my news
directory. Each newsgroup has a SCORE and an ADAPT file, and in my
root directory I have a .emacs.el and a .gnus.el file.

My question: is the 'category file' a part of the .gnus (or .gnus.el)
file, or is it a separate file which gnus looks at when it loads?

Regards,
       Gernot

--
Gernot Hassenpflug MSc.(Eng.) Kyoto University
Radio Science Centre for Space and Atmospheres