creating template files for autoinsert

From: Kamendje Guy-Armand
Subject: creating template files for autoinsert
Date: 05 Nov 2002 12:35:14 +0100

Hi,
I am trying to create system wide template file to be used with
autoinsert.
I have as an example the following skeleton to be used with
verilog files
----skeleton begins here

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-- Title         :
//-- Project       :
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-- File          : "%f"
//-- Author        : "%U"
//-- Created       :
//-- Last modified : Time-stamp: "23 October 2002 15-12-39"

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-- Description :
//--
//--
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//-- Modification history :
//-- %d : created
//-- %d : "%U":
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----skeleton ends here

The skeleton is correctly inserted in the newly created file but the
%-escaped are not expanded into filename date and username as I was
expecting.
What am I doing wrong?
BTW. is there a variable that contains the creation date of a file?
Thanks for any hint
--
                Guy-Armand Kamendje
           Graz University of Technology