Re: Latex source specials with files in sub directories

From: no
Subject: Re: Latex source specials with files in sub directories
Date: 7 Nov 2002 16:43:06 -0800

I figured it out myself !!   I don't know lisp, but I was able to hack
tex.el to do what I need:

There is a function in tex.el (under auctex) that is defined as:
(defun TeX-current-file-name-nondirectory ()
  "Return current filename, without path."
  (file-name-nondirectory buffer-file-name))

Change this to:

% Modified by Sumit (gupg-REMOVE-SPAM-FILTER@yahoo.com)
(defun TeX-current-file-name-nondirectory ()
  "Return current filename, with path relative to Tex-master."
  (file-relative-name (expand-file-name buffer-file-name)
(TeX-master-directory)))

Basically, the first variant just puts the current buffer's file name
and new one gets the file name of  the current buffer with its path
relative to the tex-master (the main file from where the other tex
files are being included).

Sumit