saving problem - please help!

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: saving problem - please help!
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:11:15 +0000

Hi,
I've got a problem on the saving operation with emacs. When I save the file
emacs asks me the coding system, because the latin-9 doesn't work. So I
choose one of the saving coding types, but the characters like 'à' 'é' 'ò'
are saved like '\216a' etc. Since the text is  a latex input, how can I say
to emacs to save the text with the correct characters and reconvert the
already written text into the right format?

Thanks a lot.

--
Luca Ferrari,
fluca1978@libero.it