Re: psgml - support for XML namespaces and schemas?

From: D. D. Brierton
Subject: Re: psgml - support for XML namespaces and schemas?
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:49:53 +0000

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:47:46 +0000, Lennart Staflin wrote:

>> Is psgml very actively maintained? Do the developers hang out on these NGs
>> or elsewhere? I'm curious to know more about what's planned ...
>
> Sorry, it is not being developed any more. I maintain it occasionally.

Thanks for replying Lennart. After posting the original message I found out
that you were no longer actively maintaining PSGML, and had put it on
Sourceforge. (I joined the user and developer mailing lists.) I hope someone
steps up to work on it - like I said I would myself but my Lisp just isn't
good enough. It's worrying acually - I work with XML constantly, and PSGML is
just lovely (although maintaining my catalog can be a bit hairy); but
increasingly hybrid documents relying on namespaces, and therefore schemas
for validation, are becoming the norm, and if PSGML doesn't get those features
then I'll no longer be able to use it. And then what WILL I use? (That's
rhetorical - not addressed to you personally!) Given that so many UNIX/Linux
people seem to use Emacs/PSGML as their default XML editing environment I
imagine that there will be a great many of us wondering what on Earth to do
if PSGML doesn't keep up. This is now worrying me ...

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com           www.dzr-web.com